FIVB Seminar - Outside Hitter/Serve
Volleyball England is delighted to announce that two technical seminars will take place on the 4 June – 6 June 2015 at FIVB/CEV Regional Volleyball Development Centre – Kettering (ENG) - The Outside Hitter/Serve and The Setter
The FIVB Outside Hitter/Serve technical seminar will be delivered by a renowned and internationally recognised FIVB tutor. You will come away with an in-depth knowledge of the skills, techniques and training that underpins successful hitting and serving – and more importantly how to coach this in your athletes.
About the Seminar
The technical seminar will be a combination of in-depth video analysis of world-leading players, technique theory, on court practical and an opportunity to learn the drills and practices being delivered for hitters and servers across the world . Additionally to this, the seminar will publicise the recent sport science findings, practical experiences of successful coaches and other experts.
By the end of this seminar you should learn:
- How to analyse a hitters movement
- Technical exercises – basic, side out, strategy, systems, team play
- Knowledge of the function of the outside hitter in block and defence systems
- The physical preparation and physical testing used by top international coaches for outside hitters
- Strategy and technical exercises for float and jump serves.
- Impact of international development on tactics and techniques
As a coach you will leave the seminar with the expertise to transform your training and performance of the team you are working with and as a player you will come away from the seminar much more competent and aware you what is required to be a top outside hitter/server.
Full syllabus/schedule can be found in the documents section on the right hand side.
£290 – Includes twin room shared accommodation on Wednesday, Thursday & Friday and all meals. Plus pick up from Stanstead airport.
£500 – Includes the above, plus train travel to London on Saturday, hotel room and an all-day transport and sightseeing pass to London’s top attractions.
For candidates from England, there is a 'Course Only' price available. Please contact Roman Neveykin for more details.
For those wishing to stay on Saturday evening an extra £50 will be applicable for food and accomodation
Accommodation will be provided by our partner Holiday Inn Express, a modern hotel set in landscaped gardens. Free Wi-Fi is available and a generous breakfast of cereals, pastries and fruit served each morning. All rooms include free Wi-Fi, Flat-screen TV, free tea and coffee and full air-conditioning.
London Trip (£500 package)
The London trip package includes the following:
- Train ticket from Kettering on Saturday after the course to London St Pancras Station
- One night of accommodation in central London on Saturday night
- All day (Sunday) travel and sightseeing pass to London’s top attractions including: Tower of London, Kensington Palace, London Bridge Experience, Thames River Cruise and many more that can all be found here: http://www.londonpass.com/london-attractions/index.html
In order to apply for the FIVB Outside Hitter/ Serve Seminar, participants must submit payment along with the ‘Application for FIVB Technical Seminars’ form (attached).
The total cost of the FIVB Seminar can be made payable by Bank Transfer.
The application deadline date is the 1st May 2015.
APPLY NOW as there are limited places available.
For more info and payment details please contact Roman Neveykin on firstname.lastname@example.org, or call +44 (0)1509 227730