Volley 123 Clubmark
Volley 123 is Volleyball England's national club accreditation programme, designed to recognise and reward volleyball clubs with junior sections, that stand apart from the rest in terms of good practice. Volley 123 recognises that clubs have one of the most important roles in volleyball development, ensuring Volleyball England works together with clubs to get more young people into the game and offer a quality experience for players of all ages and abilities.
*Please Note* Volley123 is currently under review to ensure that all processes are streamlined and easy to follow. As part of this, the financial and equipment benefits of completing the awards are also currently under review and are subject to change.
Volley 123 has 3 levels of accreditation: Volley 1, Volley 2 and Volley 3. To view the criteria and guidelines for each, please download the documents on the right hand side of the page. Upon registration on the programme, your club will also receive a memory stick with all the templates you will need.
Volley 1: Volleyball England has worked with Sport England to integrate Volley 1 accreditation with the Sport England Clubmark scheme, the only national cross sports quality accreditation scheme for clubs with junior sections. It is built around a set of core criteria (Club Management, Playing Programme, Duty of Care and Knowing Your Club & its Community) to ensure that accredited clubs operate to a set of consistent, accpeted and adopted minimum operating standards.
Volley 2 and Volley 3 are about demonstrating further quality across the four key areas required by Clubmark and with each award there is an increase in expectation. By the time your club has reached Volley 3 it will be a fully-fledged, self-sustaining club that is a major part of its local community.
Volleyball England has also developed Side Out accreditation for adult-only clubs. Please see the downloads on the side bar for more information.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Raised Profile
- Links with local schools
- Increases club membership
- Marketing and Communication
- Helps with the retention of players
- Safety procedures have been put in place to give parents the confidence that their child is attending a suitable risk assessed volleyball club
- Child Protection procedures are put in place, again providing parents with confidence that their child is attending a safe child focused club
- Strategic future planning through an ongoing Action Plan that allows continuous development and improvement
For further information on the associated benefits of Clubmark please visit the Sport England website.
Sainsbury's Active Kids
- Since 2005 Active Kids has donated more than £136 million worth of equipment and active experiences to more than 49,000 organsisations.
- This opportunity is open to Clubmark accredited clubs only.
- To register your club and for further information about the scheme please visit the Active Kids Website or call 0844 415 8440.
- PGL discounts for Clubmark accredited clubs
- With residential adventures accross the UK, France and Spain, PGL has beed delivering activity breaks for over 54 years.
- For more information please visit the PGL Holidays website.
Read more about our accredited clubs...
Tim Godson, Chairperson, York Volleyball Club
"Working towards and achieving Volley 1 generated a positive attitude towards the continued development of the club and was a great stepping stone to a range of opportunities. We have been working closely with York Council, have accessed Sport Unlimited funding and several of the junior players from our school-club links are now amongst our keenest players and volunteers!"
Support & Assessment Packs
To see the full list of Volley 123 accredited clubs please visit the Sport England website and download the Clubmark database.
Volleyball Relationship Manager Help
All our Volleyball Relationship Managers will be more than happy to help you with your application.
Steve Kerr (Greater Manchester)
Samantha Jamieson (Teeside, Tyne & Wear)
Rob Payne (Staffordshire & Black Country)
Rachel Laybourne (East London & Essex)
Sophie Davis (Dorset & Hampshire)
Please contact the Membership team via email or at 01509 227722.