Strength & Conditioning for volleyball
This is an introductory workshop to S&C and is aimed at coaches at all levels. It will help you to understand how to develop players that can jump higher, move faster and hit the ball harder, plus provide practical tips on how you can incorporate S&C into your sessions. You will come away with ideas that you can progress and apply to your own coaching environment.
What will I learn?
During the three hours you will learn:
- The key skills you need to develop in your players; movement, jumping, landing, hitting
- The physical attributes of a volleyball player
- How you develop the physical attributes: competence, capacity, strength, durability
- Injury prevention vs performance enhancement
- Preparing players for a session and warm up
- Key components of a cool down
- How to incorporate physical preparation into your drills and training sessions
The workshop has been developed with S&C experts working with Volleyball England.
Anyone interested in enhancing their knowledge of the use of strength and conditioning in volleyball.
Attendees must be at least 16 years of age.
The course costs £30 for Volleyball England members and £40 for non-members.
For this you will recieve volleyball specific strength and conditioning course materials prepared by
Gary Hutt, MSc. ASCC CSCS
Lead Strength and Conditioning Coach, Derbyshire Institute of Sport and the University of Derby,
Strength and Conditioning Coach, Volleyball England,
How can I book onto a course?
To book onto the course please visit the Volleyball England Course Finder section of the website.
For further information please contact the Volleyball England Hub via email or call 01509 227722