Securing funding via membership fees and other sources is crucial to the successful running of all volleyball clubs. Please see below for information about a range of external funding routes for clubs, including website links, guidance documents and key contacts.
Sport England: Small Grants Scheme
Since April 2009, volleyball clubs have received over £240,000 of funding from the Sport England Small Grants programme. Grants vary from £300 to £10,000 and the scheme is open to all not-for-profit organisations.
Other Grant Schemes
There are several other grant schemes, both national and locally, which sports clubs are able to apply for. Download our Club Funding Guide for more information on what is available.
Search Grants Schemes nationally and locally with Funding Central
Your club could also set up your own fundraising activities to boost club funds. Here are just a few ideas:
- Contact your local supermarket chain and do a weekend 'bag pack'.
- Do a 24 hour Volley-a-thon.
- Run a summer tournament.
- Visit Fundrazor.com to raise money for your club through selling tickets for events.
The current difficult economic climate has made it tough for clubs to find sponsors but it is still possible. Here are a few tips;
- Make clear requests; what is required from the sponsor and what can your club offer in return?
- Use your contacts; does anyone linked to the club work for a potential sponsor?
- Look for local in-kind sponsorship, e.g. a local pub who can provide discounted post-match refreshments.
Please contact our Development team via firstname.lastname@example.org or at 01509 227722.